Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AstraZeneca ( AZN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, AstraZeneca rose $0.66 (1.3%) to $51.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,781,158 shares of AstraZeneca exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,688,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.24-$51.86 after having opened the day at $51.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.65. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Omeros Corporation ( OMER), up 68.2%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 56.7%, Mirati Therapeutics ( MRTX), up 37.1% and NovaBay Pharmaceuticals ( NBY), up 24.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full AstraZeneca Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.