Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. U.S. Bancorp ( USB) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, U.S. Bancorp rose $0.37 (1.0%) to $37.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,599,703 shares of U.S. Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,773,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.30-$37.63 after having opened the day at $37.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.14. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Millennium India Acquisition Corporation ( SMCG), up 47.4%, China Housing & Land Development ( CHLN), up 10.2%, GAIN Capital Holdings ( GCAP), up 9.8% and Hilltop Holdings ( HTH), up 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full U.S. Bancorp Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.