Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec rose $4.86 (2.1%) to $239.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,037,618 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,269,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $236.31-$240.38 after having opened the day at $238.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $234.71. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Omeros Corporation ( OMER), up 68.2%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 56.7%, Mirati Therapeutics ( MRTX), up 37.1% and NovaBay Pharmaceuticals ( NBY), up 24.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.