Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Rock-Tenn Company ( RKT) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Rock-Tenn Company rose $5.74 (4.8%) to $124.41 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,171,323 shares of Rock-Tenn Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 544,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $123.32-$126.05 after having opened the day at $124.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $118.67. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: Boise ( BZ), up 26.1%, Mannatech ( MTEX), up 16.4%, Verso Paper ( VRS), up 14.4% and China Xiniya Fashion ( XNY), up 14.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Rock-Tenn Company Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.