Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Wells Fargo ( WFC) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Wells Fargo rose $0.70 (1.7%) to $42.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 19,221,339 shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18,405,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.71-$43.07 after having opened the day at $42.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.19. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN S&P GS ( DSLV), up 7.0%, Atlantic Coast Financial ( ACFC), up 6.8%, Timberland Bancorp Incorporated ( TSBK), up 6.6% and Carver Bancorp ( CARV), up 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.