Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Johnson Controls ( JCI) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Johnson Controls rose $0.56 (1.3%) to $42.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,510,153 shares of Johnson Controls exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,744,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.58-$43.00 after having opened the day at $42.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.17. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 13.5%, Wabco Holdings Incorporated ( WBC), up 3.8%, China Zenix Auto International ( ZX), up 3.3% and Motorcar Parts of America ( MPAA), up 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.