- Core net new assets (before significant one-time flows) brought to the company by new and existing clients in August 2013 totaled $22.3 billion. Net new assets of negative $2.4 billion contained the following items:
- Core flows of $22.3 billion, including inflows of $9.5 billion and $3.1 billion from certain mutual fund clearing services clients.
- A reduction of $24.7 billion, reflecting changes to Schwab’s retirement plan business as discussed below.
- Also reflecting the retirement plan business changes, total client assets were $2.08 trillion as of month-end August, up 12% from August 2012 and down 2% compared to July 2013.
- Client daily average trades were 467.3 thousand in August 2013, up 24% compared to August 2012 and down 6% compared to July 2013. August 2013 trading activity included a 2% sequential increase in daily average revenue trades.
The Charles Schwab Corporation released its Monthly Market Activity Report today. Company highlights for the month of August 2013 include: