Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackBerry ( BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry fell $0.15 (-1.4%) to $10.28 on light volume. Throughout the day, 17,230,428 shares of BlackBerry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,550,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.24-$10.48 after having opened the day at $10.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.43. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: DragonWave ( DRWI), down 12.0%, Alvarion ( ALVR), down 4.9%, eOn Communications Corporation ( EONC), down 4.4% and China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.