Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Oil ( MRO) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Marathon Oil fell $0.41 (-1.1%) to $35.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,129,341 shares of Marathon Oil exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,270,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.49-$36.35 after having opened the day at $36.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.98. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 7.1%, Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), down 6.8%, Midstates Petroleum ( MPO), down 6.6% and KiOR ( KIOR), down 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Oil Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.