Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Corning ( GLW) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Corning rose $0.15 (1.0%) to $14.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,190,481 shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,157,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.42-$14.64 after having opened the day at $14.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.49. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Zhone Technologies ( ZHNE), up 14.7%, Dynasil Corporation of America ( DYSL), up 14.3%, Oclaro ( OCLR), up 13.0% and FAB Universal ( FU), up 12.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.