Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Comcast ( CMCSA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Comcast rose $0.48 (1.1%) to $43.97 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,088,688 shares of Comcast exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,660,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.54-$44.13 after having opened the day at $43.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.49. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Point.360 ( PTSX), up 11.8%, VisionChina Media ( VISN), up 6.2%, Rentrak Corporation ( RENT), up 5.2% and Gray Television ( GTN), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.