Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HCA Holdings ( HCA) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, HCA Holdings rose $0.55 (1.4%) to $40.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,795,189 shares of HCA Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,374,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.75-$40.58 after having opened the day at $39.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.74. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 55.8%, Lakeland Industries ( LAKE), up 34.9%, ViroPharma ( VPHM), up 28.4% and Rockwell Medical ( RMTI), up 22.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full HCA Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.