Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ventas ( VTR) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Ventas rose $0.74 (1.2%) to $61.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,395,790 shares of Ventas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,707,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $60.54-$61.77 after having opened the day at $60.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.71. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), up 12.5%, DNB Financial Corporation ( DNBF), up 7.8%, Bank Bradesco ( BBDO), up 7.4% and First Financial Service Corporation ( FFKY), up 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.