Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Williams Companies ( WMB) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Williams Companies rose $0.62 (1.8%) to $35.93 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,158,844 shares of Williams Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,413,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.37-$36.04 after having opened the day at $35.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.31. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 10.1%, New Concept Energy ( GBR), up 8.0%, Carbo Ceramics ( CRR), up 7.9% and Eagle Rock Energy Partners ( EROC), up 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.