Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Procter & Gamble ( PG) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Procter & Gamble rose $0.79 (1.0%) to $79.05 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,816,407 shares of Procter & Gamble exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,780,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $78.41-$79.18 after having opened the day at $78.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.26. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: Blyth ( BTH), up 17.6%, Mercer International ( MERC), up 10.7%, China Xiniya Fashion ( XNY), up 8.0% and Verso Paper ( VRS), up 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Procter & Gamble Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.