Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Synaptics ( SYNA) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Synaptics rose $0.66 (1.6%) to $41.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 637,422 shares of Synaptics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 785,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.35-$41.28 after having opened the day at $40.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.58. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Hauppauge Digital ( HAUP), up 8.5%, Acorn Energy ( ACFN), up 7.4%, Interphase ( INPH), up 6.4% and Performance Technologies ( PTIX), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.