Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. LyondellBasell Industries ( LYB) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, LyondellBasell Industries rose $0.81 (1.1%) to $71.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,639,874 shares of LyondellBasell Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,615,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.39-$71.24 after having opened the day at $70.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.19. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), up 15.5%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), up 15.2%, Marrone Bio Innovations ( MBII), up 13.2% and Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 10.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full LyondellBasell Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.