- Strategy: Integrating long-term economic, environmental and social aspects in their business strategies while maintaining global competitiveness and brand reputation.
- Financial: Meeting shareholders’ demands for sound financial returns, long-term economic growth, open communication and transparent financial accounting.
- Customer & Product: Fostering loyalty by investing in customer relationship management and product and service innovation that focuses on technologies and systems, which use financial, natural and social resources in an efficient, effective and economic manner over the long term.
- Governance and Stakeholder: Setting the highest standards of corporate governance and stakeholder engagement, including corporate codes of conduct and public reporting.
- Human: Managing human resources to maintain workforce capabilities and employee satisfaction through best-in-class organizational learning and knowledge management practices, and remuneration and benefit programs.
“We are honored to be recognized for the work we do every day to make high-quality health care more accessible and affordable for more people,” Rivet added.To learn more about UnitedHealth Group’s sustainability initiatives, visit the company’s 2012 Business Social Responsibility Report, found here. For more information on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes, visit: http://www.sustainability-indexes.com. About UnitedHealth GroupUnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH) is a diversified health and well-being company dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better. With headquarters in Minnetonka, Minn., UnitedHealth Group offers a broad spectrum of products and services through two business platforms: UnitedHealthcare, which provides health care coverage and benefits services; and Optum, which provides information and technology-enabled health services. Through its businesses, UnitedHealth Group serves more than 85 million people worldwide. For more information, visit UnitedHealth Group at www.unitedhealthgroup.com. Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for UnitedHealth Group.