NEW YORK, Sept. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq:MKTX), the operator of a leading electronic trading platform for U.S. and European high-grade corporate bonds, emerging markets (EM) bonds and other fixed income securities, today announced that its tenth annual EM Charity Trading Day will be held on Wednesday, September 18, 2013. MarketAxess, in partnership with the Emerging Markets Trade Association (EMTA), will donate all emerging markets transaction revenues from the trading day to emerging markets charities. "We are excited to be hosting our EM Charity Trading Day for the tenth consecutive year, marking a milestone in our commitment to emerging markets communities. Our charitable contributions to-date total over $700,000. We thank our investor and dealer clients for their support in continuing this excellent tradition of giving back to these communities," said Richard M. McVey, chairman and chief executive officer of MarketAxess. Each year, charities are selected as beneficiaries by emerging markets industry benefit committees in New York and London. The charities that will benefit from this year's donations include:
- Children of the Andes, which supports street children in Colombia, www.childrenoftheandes.org;
- Children of Peru Foundation, which makes grants to selected not-for-profit organizations to provide better healthcare and education for disadvantaged children in Peru, www.childrenofperu.org;
- Containers 2 Clinics, which provides containerized maternal and child health clinics in Haiti and Namibia to provide long-term, sustainable health service, www.containers2clinics.org;
- Cotlands, which provides support for children affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic in South Africa, www.cotlands.org;
- Empower, a grant-making foundation which connects the emerging markets community with innovative grassroots organizations enabling young people to lead healthy, productive lives, www.empowerweb.org;
- Facing the World, which provides life-changing craniofacial surgery to some of the world's most disadvantaged and vulnerable children, www.facingtheworld.net;
- Health Poverty Action, which provides basic health care to rural communities around the globe, www.healthunlimited.org
- Orphaned Starfish Foundation, which works with orphans and disadvantaged children throughout Latin America and Ethiopia, www.orphanedstarfish.com;
- Shared Interest, which mobilizes resources for South Africa's economically disenfranchised communities to sustain themselves, www.sharedinterest.org;
- The Afya Foundation, which delivers containers of donated medical and humanitarian supplies to health centers and hospitals throughout Africa and the Caribbean, www.afyafoundation.org; and
- WorldFund, which promotes education in Latin America, www.worldfund.org.
About MarketAxessMarketAxess operates a leading electronic trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,000 institutional investor and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform, accessing global liquidity in U.S. high-grade corporate bonds, European bonds, high-yield and emerging markets bonds, agency bonds, asset-backed and preferred securities and credit default swaps. MarketAxess has submitted an application to the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission to operate a swap execution facility. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist clients with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other clients. Through its Xtrakter subsidiary, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products. MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Hong Kong, Singapore and São Paulo. For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com. About EMTA Founded in 1990, EMTA (formerly the Emerging Markets Traders Association) is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting the orderly development of fair, efficient and transparent trading markets for emerging markets instruments, and the integration of the emerging markets into the global financial marketplace.
CONTACT: Media Contacts: MarketAxess Florencia Panizza MarketAxess Holdings Inc. +1-212-813-6029 EMTA Jonathan Murno +1-646-289-5413