Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified SINA Corporation ( SINA) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified SINA Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SINA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $166.6 million.
- SINA is up 3.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SINA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SINA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SINA: SINA.com is a leading Internet media company for Chinese communities worldwide, offering a full array of Chinese-language news, entertainment, e-commerce platforms, financial information, and lifestyle tips. SINA has a PE ratio of 98.3. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate SINA Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for SINA Corporation has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SINA has a market cap of $5.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 2.07 and a short float of 7.3% with 2.48 days to cover. Shares are up 68.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SINA Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SINA's share price has jumped by 39.55%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 22.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- SINA CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SINA CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.45 versus -$4.58 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.91 versus $0.45).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, SINA CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 134.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $33.25 million to -$11.53 million.
- You can view the full SINA Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.