Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FirstEnergy ( FE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, FirstEnergy fell $0.59 (-1.6%) to $36.90 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,118,725 shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,253,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.83-$37.83 after having opened the day at $37.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.49. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 7.0%, Just Energy Group ( JE), down 5.5%, Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), down 3.6% and Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.