Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Staples fell $0.16 (-1.1%) to $14.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,810,051 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,330,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.54-$14.79 after having opened the day at $14.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.74. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Mecox Lane ( MCOX), down 6.4%, Odyssey Marine Exploration ( OMEX), down 4.6%, Brown Shoe Company ( BWS), down 4.2% and CSS Industries ( CSS), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.