Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Legg Mason ( LM) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Legg Mason fell $0.39 (-1.1%) to $34.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,563,735 shares of Legg Mason exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,560,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.86-$34.57 after having opened the day at $34.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.39. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Paulson Capital ( PLCC), down 7.3%, NewStar Financial ( NEWS), down 5.2%, Global X Silver Miners ETF ( SIL), down 5.2% and Cash Store Financial Services ( CSFS), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Legg Mason Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.