Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical fell $0.99 (-2.5%) to $38.86 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,676,615 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,532,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $38.75-$40.24 after having opened the day at $39.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.85. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Ceres ( CERE), down 8.8%, REX American Resources ( REX), down 4.0%, Sociedad Quimica Y Minera De Chile ( SQM), down 3.6% and American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.