Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications rose $0.83 (1.8%) to $47.35 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 18,075,224 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,938,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.44-$47.52 after having opened the day at $46.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.52. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: ARC Group Worldwide ( ARCW), up 17.4%, Trunkbow International Holdings ( TBOW), up 9.0%, Nokia Oyj ( NOK), up 6.9% and eOn Communications Corporation ( EONC), up 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.