Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kroger ( KR) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Kroger rose $0.95 (2.5%) to $38.62 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,845,042 shares of Kroger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,796,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.81-$39.00 after having opened the day at $38.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.67. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Pandora Media ( P), up 12.1%, Hastings Entertainment ( HAST), up 11.0%, Sport Chalet ( SPCHB), up 8.6% and SeaWorld Entertainment ( SEAS), up 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Kroger Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.