Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walgreen Company ( WAG) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Walgreen Company rose $2.54 (5.0%) to $53.29 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12,148,402 shares of Walgreen Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,447,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.88-$53.48 after having opened the day at $51.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.75. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Coastal Contacts ( COA), up 6.2%, Sears Holdings Corporation ( SHLD), up 5.4%, Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage ( NGVC), up 4.1% and New York & Company ( NWY), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walgreen Company Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.