Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ametek ( AME) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Ametek rose $1.14 (2.6%) to $45.57 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,176,761 shares of Ametek exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,049,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.17-$47.00 after having opened the day at $45.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.43. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: China Recycling Energy Corporation ( CREG), up 12.6%, Hollysys Automation Technologies ( HOLI), up 10.6%, MFRI ( MFRI), up 10.3% and Arotech Corporation ( ARTX), up 9.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ametek Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.