Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Theravance ( THRX) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Theravance rose $2.45 (6.3%) to $41.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,518,142 shares of Theravance exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 894,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.50-$41.80 after having opened the day at $38.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.74. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 53.2%, Genvec ( GNVC), up 43.7%, ERBA Diagnostics ( ERB), up 38.2% and Aratana Therapeutics ( PETX), up 15.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Theravance Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.