Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Encana ( ECA) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Encana rose $0.69 (4.0%) to $18.10 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,922,651 shares of Encana exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,163,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.47-$18.22 after having opened the day at $17.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.41. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), up 16.4%, Global Eagle Entertainment ( ENT), up 10.9%, Camac Energy ( CAK), up 12.8% and Tengasco ( TGC), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Encana Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.