Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ashland ( ASH) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Ashland rose $0.97 (1.1%) to $91.25 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,049,572 shares of Ashland exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 630,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $90.01-$91.92 after having opened the day at $90.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.28. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Methes Energies International ( MEIL), up 23.3%, Verenium Corporation ( VRNM), up 2.5%, Marrone Bio Innovations ( MBII), up 2.5% and Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ashland Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.