Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cheniere Energy ( LNG) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Cheniere Energy rose $1.41 (4.4%) to $33.38 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,296,887 shares of Cheniere Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,923,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.91-$33.83 after having opened the day at $31.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.97. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), up 16.4%, Methes Energies International ( MEIL), up 16.3%, Global Eagle Entertainment ( ENT), up 10.9% and Camac Energy ( CAK), up 12.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cheniere Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.