- Saving more than 400 million gallons of water and reducing greenhouse gas emissions by more than 83,000 metric tonnes of CO 2, the equivalent to emissions from 17,000 cars. This was achieved via capital investments in energy and water conservation projects and a program to develop and construct renewable energy projects;
- Reducing the amount of waste sent to landfills by almost 7 percent and achieving an overall 85 percent recycle rate;
- Distributing more than $40 million globally in product donations, employee giving and financial contributions to non-profit organizations and collecting a record 70.7 million pounds of food during the annual Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive™;
- Logging more than 22,000 volunteer hours in the U.S. and Canada in local communities;
- Removing more than 11,000 trucks from the road through increased intermodal shipping, resulting in a CO 2 emissions savings of more than 13,000 tonnes;
- Saving more than 1.9 million pounds of plastic and more than $1.6 million through the lightweighting of plastic bottles used to package V8 beverages; and
- Applying production expertise and uniting with local farmers and a non-profit to use blemished produce to create Just Peachy salsa, which helped to fund nine area hunger relief programs.
Campbell's Corporate Social Responsibility strategies are designed to deliver measurable impacts in four key areas: Our Consumers, Our Planet, Our Employees and Our Community. To learn more visit http://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/csr.About Campbell Soup Company Campbell Soup Company is a manufacturer and marketer of high-quality foods and simple meals, including soup and sauces, snacks and healthy beverages. Founded in 1869, the company has a portfolio of market-leading brands, including “Campbell's,” “Pepperidge Farm,” “Arnott's,” “V8,” “Bolthouse Farms,” “Plum Organics” and “Kjeldsens.” Through its corporate social responsibility program, the company strives to make a positive impact in the workplace, in the marketplace and in the communities in which it operates. Campbell is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. For more information, visit www.campbellsoupcompany.com or follow company news on Twitter via @CampbellSoupCo.