BOSTON, Sept. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Xively, a subsidiary of LogMeIn (Nasdaq:LOGM) and creator of the first public cloud platform for the commercial Internet of Things (IoT), today announced it has launched the Xively Partner Network (XPN), a global community of companies and organizations that provide IoT-enabling technologies, services and expertise, leveraging Xively Cloud Services to accelerate the delivery of next-generation connected solutions. Xively also announced that Electric Imp and TierConnect have joined previously announced Xively partner ARM, as XPN members. XPN is designed to help members position their companies as leaders in the IoT marketplace alongside an ecosystem of like-minded pioneers, while raising the awareness of member offerings through a broad community of IoT experts, partners and customers. Members have opportunities to connect with new customers and deliver end-to-end solutions that seamlessly integrate with Xively Cloud Services to capture more of the IoT value chain. "We believe that the Internet of Things is poised to have an enormous impact on the global economy. Analysts have predicted that the IoT market could generate trillions of dollars 1 and produce significant windfalls for all types of companies. But, for this to happen, companies need to join forces and create integrated, end-to-end IoT solutions that solve real business problems. The Xively Partner Network makes this possible," said Mario Finocchiaro , Director of Business Development , Xively. "We're excited to officially launch the program and work with innovators like Electric Imp and TierConnect." "We are very excited to be working alongside Xively as we expand our brand and services offerings into the exciting and rapidly growing IoT space," said Scott Chalfant, CEO of TierConnect. "Being part of the Xively Partner Network puts us right in the middle of the IoT tornado and connects us with companies that can use our services to build a rich, totally connected experience into their products."
"Electric Imp provides a simple and effective end-to-end solution to deliver device connectivity to manufacturers and developers," said William Podrasky, executive vice president, global sales and business development for Electric Imp. "Our unique WiFi-enabled platform makes it easy for users to ingrate Xively with Electric Imp to build, scale and manage their smart, Internet-enabled products and services."Xively Partner Network Highlights XPN is targeted at solution providers, professional services firms and industry alliance partners that have the products, services and expertise needed to make connected solutions a reality.
- Technology Alliance Partners: Includes vendors of SaaS platforms, communication services provider (CSP) services, analytics and tools software, system-on-chip solutions, wireless connectivity modules, and other components of complete IoT systems.
- Solution Provider Partners: Includes systems integrators, software and hardware development houses, consultancies and managed services companies, which design, architect, build, integrate, deploy and support connected products that leverage the Xively Cloud Services platform.
- Industry Alliance Partners: Standards organizations, educational institutions, government organizations and other for-profit and non-profit entities that are committed to furthering the commercial, technological and societal benefits made possible by the Internet of Things.
- Collaboration: An opportunity to collaborate with other XPN ecosystem members to deliver integrated solutions.
- Free Membership: Membership is free-of-charge to qualifying organizations.
CONTACT: Press contacts for Xively: US inquiries: Xively@bakercg.com UK inquiries: Xively@hotwirepr.com Press Craig VerColen LogMeIn, Inc. 781-897-0696