Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Assured Guaranty ( AGO) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Assured Guaranty fell $0.71 (-3.6%) to $19.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,351,075 shares of Assured Guaranty exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,702,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.90-$20.03 after having opened the day at $19.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.90. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), down 3.2%, Donegal Group ( DGICA), down 3.0%, 21st Century Holding Company ( TCHC), down 2.9% and Federated National ( FNHC), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Assured Guaranty Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.