Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals fell $1.51 (-1.9%) to $79.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 950,225 shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,485,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $79.26-$81.50 after having opened the day at $81.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.32. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: NanoString Technologies ( NSTG), down 15.4%, AVANIR Pharmaceuticals ( AVNR), down 13.4%, Idenix Pharmaceuticals ( IDIX), down 7.9% and ProPhase Labs ( PRPH), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Vertex Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.