Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Agrium ( AGU) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Agrium fell $1.42 (-1.6%) to $88.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 593,386 shares of Agrium exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 990,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $87.57-$89.41 after having opened the day at $89.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.69. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Westlake Chemical Corporation ( WLK), down 3.3%, Metabolix ( MBLX), down 3.2%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 3.0% and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan ( POT), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Agrium Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.