Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Nokia Oyj ( NOK) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Nokia Oyj rose $0.29 (5.1%) to $5.95 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 79,270,519 shares of Nokia Oyj exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 39,053,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.79-$5.95 after having opened the day at $5.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.66. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Novatel Wireless ( NVTL), up 11.5%, Gogo ( GOGO), up 10.8%, Alaska Communications Systems Group ( ALSK), up 10.6% and Net Element International ( NETE), up 9.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Nokia Oyj Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.