Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PetSmart ( PETM) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, PetSmart rose $1.34 (1.9%) to $73.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 969,155 shares of PetSmart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,088,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.37-$73.08 after having opened the day at $71.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.71. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: XO Group ( XOXO), up 5.4%, Mecox Lane ( MCOX), up 5.2%, Francescas Holdings ( FRAN), up 4.7% and Sport Chalet ( SPCHA), up 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PetSmart Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.