Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts rose $0.20 (1.1%) to $18.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,729,907 shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,640,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.91-$18.25 after having opened the day at $17.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.03. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Optibase ( OBAS), up 9.3%, Rait Financial ( RAS), up 8.0%, Institutional Financial Markets ( IFMI), up 7.5% and American Realty Investors ( ARL), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Host Hotels & Resorts Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.