Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold rose $0.90 (2.8%) to $32.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 17,395,087 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,396,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.90-$33.04 after having opened the day at $31.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.93. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Rare Element Resources ( REE), up 10.0%, AK Steel Holding Corporation ( AKS), up 6.7%, Mechel OAO ( MTL), up 6.5% and Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.