Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Travelers Companies ( TRV) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies rose $1.19 (1.4%) to $83.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,429,115 shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,996,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.42-$83.88 after having opened the day at $82.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.54. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Donegal Group ( DGICB), up 8.2%, Kingsway Financial Services ( KFS), up 3.6%, ACE ( ACE), up 2.5% and Meadowbrook Insurance Group ( MIG), up 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.