- Market & Consumer Insights – MWV consumer research professionals and market analysts work tirelessly to identify the most lucrative growth opportunities for beverage brands across the globe through both primary and secondary research.
- Brand Engagement – MWV brand strategists work closely with customers to differentiate their brands in the marketplace by activating their brand strategies through packaging and forging emotional connections with their consumers during their packaging experience.
- Packaging Design & Innovation – Based on consumer, brand and category insight, MWV‘s Global Design team develops the most effective package solutions by applying inventive design to create innovative concepts. Designers then explore those concepts by simulating their performance through the supply chain – from converting to on-shelf – with Dassault Systèmes’ game-changing 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- Materials – Once the design is finalized, engineers select high-performance MWV substrates that match each customer’s market and operational needs.
- Converting – The design becomes commercialized into a cost-effective, manufacturable packaging solution.
- Automation – MWV engineers collaborate with customers to develop made-to-order in-line equipment that comes with expert engineering and ongoing support. The complex demands of today’s global consumers require flawless execution to get products in-market faster.
MeadWestvaco Corporation (NYSE: MWV), a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions, will exhibit at drinktec, the world’s leading beverage trade show Sept. 16-20, 2013 in Munich. In today’s dynamic marketplace of shifting consumer preferences and increasing operational costs, beverage brands are challenged to maximize efficiency, while building their brands. In this environment, they need partners who can help them achieve both. At drinktec, MWV Beverage will showcase the people and technology behind its Insight to In-Market approach, a proprietary methodology that converts consumer, brand and category insight into packaging experiences that drive loyalty. This unique framework also ensures a much faster path to market, which is critical for brand success in a rapidly changing environment. Insight to In-Market drives top-line growth and provides efficiencies for bottom-line improvement, offering a comprehensive strategy that delivers a meaningful competitive advantage for MWV’s brand partners. The Insight to In-Market approach includes the following integrated steps: