- SUNE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.9 million.
- SUNE has traded 578,654 shares today.
- SUNE is down 6% today.
- SUNE was up 6.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUNE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUNE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SUNE: MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of silicon wafers. The company also develops and sells photovoltaic energy solutions. It operates in two segments, Semiconductor Materials and Solar Energy. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate SunEdison a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for SunEdison has been 5.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SunEdison has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.16 and a short float of 8% with 3.17 days to cover. Shares are unchanged year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SunEdison as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SUNE's share price has jumped by 143.40%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- SUNEDISON INC's earnings per share declined by 36.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNEDISON INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.65 versus -$6.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.05 versus -$0.65).
- SUNE, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 13.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 50.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 8.01 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, SUNE has a quick ratio of 0.55, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 35.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$77.20 million to -$104.90 million.
- You can view the full SunEdison Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.