Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Proto Labs ( PRLB) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Proto Labs as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PRLB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.6 million.
- PRLB has traded 545,972 shares today.
- PRLB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRLB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRLB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PRLB: Proto Labs, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures computer numerical control (CNC) machined and injection molded custom parts for prototyping and short-run production. PRLB has a PE ratio of 59.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Proto Labs a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Proto Labs has been 451,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Proto has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are up 83.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Proto Labs as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PRLB's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 8.09, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 104.15% to $8.30 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 64.15%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PROTO LABS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Proto Labs Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.