Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Pall Corporation ( PLL) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pall Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.8 million.
- PLL has traded 467,649 shares today.
- PLL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PLL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PLL: Pall Corporation engages in manufacturing and marketing filtration, purification, and separation products and integrated systems solutions worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. PLL has a PE ratio of 24.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Pall Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pall Corporation has been 458,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pall has a market cap of $8.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 2.4% with 5.38 days to cover. Shares are up 19.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pall Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 29.55% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- PALL CORP has improved earnings per share by 18.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PALL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.88 versus $2.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.42 versus $2.88).
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PLL has a quick ratio of 2.06, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $177.57 million or 19.63% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, PALL CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 64.15%.
- Despite the weak revenue results, PLL has outperformed against the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Pall Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.