- Virtualization and Cloud Computing: CSC worked with a client to virtualize servers and implement advanced management technologies across 13 laboratories. The effort reduced servers by more than 60% and is saving the client an estimated $394,000 (U.S.) per year in energy costs.
- Big Data and Analytics: CSC provided several U.S. government agencies with the high-performance computing expertise, technology and services they need to gather, manage, and interpret large quantities of climate data.
- Cyber Security: In a first for the healthcare industry, CSC applied a defense industry security solution to a major healthcare system. The solution protects health data from being stolen or compromised through classification and encryption.
Employees: In FY 2013 the Company’s employees completed over 600,000 hours of professional development training. Additionally, 52 CSC teams participated across 8 countries in the Company’s annual global fitness challenge.The Company hired over 1,300 military veterans, 450 of whom are veterans with a disability. That brings the total CSC veteran population to 8,000 employees, of which over 1,700 are veterans with a disability. CSC committed to increasing its veteran population by 25% in the coming year, taking on the challenge of the Obama Administration’s U.S. Joining Forces initiative to hire and train veterans returning from post-9/11 conflicts and their spouses. Community: CSC’s charitable Foundation aligned its philanthropy and community investment to business priorities and focused giving on:
- Education, which prioritizes Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). CSC gave over $150,000 to support STEM Connector, an organization that works with companies to promote STEM education and to make smart STEM investments.
- Health and Wellness, of veterans, disabled and children. CSC provided over $160,000 to ChildFund International, Best Buddies International and SOS Children’s Villages International to support child welfare and children with disabilities.
- Disaster Relief: the Company supported Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts by giving $130,000 to the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund.
Awards and Recognition: In recognizing these achievements, the FTSE Group, owned by the London Stock Exchange Group and a leader in the provision of global index and analytical solutions, invited CSC to participate in its FTSE4Good Index Series for the fourth consecutive year. Additionally, the Business in the Community (BITC) CR Index, a business-led charity that annually ranks the most responsible companies in the UK, gave CSC its highest “platinum” ranking. Finally, the Investor Responsibility Research Center Institute (IRRCI), a non-profit organization headquartered in New York City which conducts corporate governance and responsibility research, rated CSC highest in the Technology Services sector for integrated CR reporting.“We have made significant progress in turning our business around and positioning CSC for growth,” said CSC President and Chief Executive Officer Mike Lawrie. “I am proud of the simultaneous environmental and social sustainability progress we have made this last fiscal year. Our CR initiatives support business growth and operational excellence by addressing client needs, engaging employees, benchmarking ethical comportment, and increasing environmental efficiencies that reduce costs and promote better management of limited natural resources.” CSC’s full corporate responsibility report and more details on these initiatives are available online. For more information about CSC’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit http://www.csc.com/cr. About CSC CSC is a global leader of next generation information technology (IT) services and solutions. The Company's mission is to enable superior returns on our client's technology investments through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale. CSC has approximately 87,000 employees and reported revenue of $13.8 billion for the 12 months ended June 28, 2013. Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for CSC.