Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International ( VRX) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International fell $1.13 (-1.1%) to $100.20 on light volume. Throughout the day, 958,879 shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,490,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $99.97-$101.74 after having opened the day at $101.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $101.33. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Neurocrine Biosciences ( NBIX), down 29.7%, Chemocentryx ( CCXI), down 24.3%, Peregrine Pharmaceuticals ( PPHM), down 6.6% and Genvec ( GNVC), down 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.