Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Phillips 66 ( PSX) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Phillips 66 fell $0.68 (-1.2%) to $56.79 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,403,943 shares of Phillips 66 exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,814,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.68-$57.44 after having opened the day at $57.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.47. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: USEC ( USU), down 15.6%, Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), down 12.3%, Sonde Resources ( SOQ), down 9.6% and Quaterra Resources ( QMM), down 9.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Phillips 66 Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.