Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $1.15 (2.4%) to $49.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,636,095 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,598,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.90-$49.78 after having opened the day at $48.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.47. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 4.5%, Imperial Holdings ( IFT), up 3.8%, Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), up 3.2% and Federated National ( FNHC), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.